Monday 3 February 2014

I'm back!

Well hello blogsphere,

So one of my new year resolutions was to restart my blog, but I thought starting in January was so clichéd why not start the new year in Feb!!

I now have more time to do my blog as one of my other New Year resolutions that I did actually achieve was to reduce my days at work. So now i'm down to 4 days a week, and no longer have that dreaded Sunday night/Monday morning feeling!! I seem to be achieving quite a lot on my Mondays so far. I've resisted the urge to spend Monday mornings in bed by booking my INR blood tests on Monday mornings. The cat seems to be enjoying having me home for an extra day. And i'm sure (and I know this is going to sound odd) that Mr P now enjoys having the house to himself on Friday afternoons. That's the thing about me & Mr P although we enjoy spending time together we also enjoy our alone time.

Well all this rain has been a bit of strain on the family. My Granny was evacuated from her house back just after Christmas, and the rain just keeps on coming. So Granny is still not home, and in all reality she probably won't go home now. But at least that means that she will move somewhere closer where we can all just pop in and see her.   This now leaves the task of sorting through Granny's house and moving her stuff into storage at Mum & Johns house.

So January seemed to fly by in a whirl. I spent a few days in Bournemouth watching the UK Dance Championships. I'm sure I've said on my blog before that my whole family is into Ballroom & latin dancing, it's in the genes. I just love sparkles..... and sparkles there were. They had a whole hall of ballroom dresses for sale, the whole place was full of sparkle. Slightly out of my price range though as they were about £2,000 each!! (makes my wedding dress seem cheap now Mr P).

So there are 2 things in the news this week that I thought i'd mention. Firstly is the untimely death of Philip Seymour Hoffman. Such sad news, he was one of my favourite actors and seems to pop up in many films I love. From the seriousness of Doubt & Capote to the more light hearted Rock the boat & my favourite film Almost Famous. It would seem that he has died of a drug overdose, which again saddens me.

The other news I first started hearing rumbles of last week on the Jeremy Vine show and is to do with the use of smokers lungs in transplants. Now I can guarantee that when I was well and a transplant wasn't in my future I would have said I never want a smokers lungs. Yes my smoker friends your lungs are being damaged with every puff you take, and no doubt you'll end up with emphysema in your future no matter how long you've stop for. However now with transplant potentially looming somewhere on my horizon it does become a simple choice between living with smokers lungs or not living without them. It is said that 50% of lung transplants use smokers lungs. Now if you think that even with using smokers lungs there are not enough organs to go round, imagine what it would be like if they didn't use them. The other thing is the lungs from donors are checked so closely and if they think for one minute the lungs aren't good enough to use they don't use them. I think the thing that surprises me is that there are 250 people on the transplant list waiting for lungs. That's really not a lot is it, and there's not enough donors to go round. I've been told if I go on the transplant list my wait will be a long one, probably about 2 years.

Anyway that's more than enough waffle from me. I'll leave you with a couple of sparkly pictures from Bournemouth.

And if you're the person who I used to work with who happened to mention to a colleague that you were still keeping in touch with my blog..... well thanks for inspiring me to get going with it again, and I hope things improve for you in the future :-)                

 

No comments:

Post a Comment