Tuesday 13 November 2012

40 days 13 hours & 40 minutes.......

40 days 13 hours & 40 minutes is how long before Norad starts traking Santa -Woop Woop can't wait.

Last week wasn't very exciting at all, it was mainly work work and more work. For those who don't know I work in the Finance department of a charity which rehabilitates ex-offenders. It has been quite challenging recently, and very busy. But I like what I do so it's not too tough doing a weeks work. Some people are quite suprised that i'm still able to work full time with my condition, but at the moment i'm well enough and it takes my mind off things. It's amazing how good it feels to have a bit of "normal" in my life sometimes.

Films watched last week were Mission impossible 3 & Killer Elite. Both were good, the later had more storyline than I was expecting for a Jason Statham film.

It was Mums Birthday yesterday so me and Natalie spent Sunday making Lemon Cupcakes and scones. We had such a laugh decorating them, I think we missed out on an artistic gene!!!

But they taste good so think I got a baking gene.

My only medical appointment this week was an INR blood test. For those who don't know an INR blood test measures clotting levels in the blood. Because I have PH I have to take warfarin which thins the blood to prevent blood clots. Warfarin is a very awkward tablet to take as the amount you have to take depends on your INR, so it means constantly having blood tests to measure INR levels, and then dose changes to amend your INR level. At the moment blood tests seem to be every 4 weeks, at one time they were every week, when i'm stable they can be as far apart as 8 weeks. It's really annoying as your INR can be affected by so many things like food containing vitamin K, other drugs being taken, or even the weather.

It's an exciting week in the Pegram house as it's Grand Slam of Darts week. I love me darts, know all the songs, and walk on music. My favourite player is James Wade, although I do like Phil "The Power" Taylor. We get to meet James Wade and a selection of other players in December as we are going to an exhibition match in Portsmouth, we even splashed out and bought VIP tickets which includes player meet & greet, i'm so excited already I could burst!!!!!

Have a good week people of Blogsphere x

2 comments:

  1. Am really enjoying your blog! I can't wait until a few weeks when we can catch up in person. Those lemon cupcakes are beautiful - you may have started a new trend! I feel like Elan and I should try baking over Christmas but I fear we missed both the artistic and baking genes ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll have to make some cupcakes for your visit, have to admit my rasberry & white chocolate are yum. Can't wait till you come i'm sooo excited!!! i'm sure you got the baking gene too, and if you didn't it's just fun!!

    ReplyDelete