Sunday 4 November 2012

wooosh banggg wizzzz (and that's just the noise my heart makes)

Well People of the blogsphere  - the temptation to start my blog "stardate 03112012" is getting too much to resiste.

Firstly on the work front we learnt we were losing 2 people from our office this week. Both not unexpetcted, and both are moving on to bigger and better things which they both deserve cause they are 2 of the nicest people, I'm really happy for both, but they will be missed - Good luck Mr R & Ms S!!!!

I have already written this blog once but i'm starting again. My previous effort was a technical explaination of my hospital visits throughout the week, I may post it at a later date but thought i'd give you a more "feelings" version.

I've had 3 hospital visits this week, 4 weekly clinical trial visit at Hammersmith, Annual JR check up, and lastly my first visit to Harefield transplant clinic. The visit to the JR was fine, although considering one of the reasons I go is so they can keep track of my notes they don't seem to be doing very well, the last notes from the Hammersmith they had on file were from last December!!

To say I was scared about my appointment on Friday at the Transplant clinic is a slight understatement.... I had to use every bone and sane thought in my body not to beg Joss to take me home while we were waiting to be seen.

The morning was spent doing tests; firstly an Echo - the Dr doing the scan said although the right side of my heart is enlarged it danced nicely :-) Next was a chest Xray, followed my an ecg, and finally lung function tests (basically breathing into a tube and taking three big breaths). Then after lunch we saw the transplant registrar, and then the consultant. We also met the lovely transplant co-ordinators. It is all very very scary. Transplant is such a big word to get your head round when 98% of the time you feel fine.

I'm the worlds most undecisive person but with this I 100% know what my feelings are for now, which for me is very unusual. But decisions are a while off yet, I have to go back in February for more tests, who'd have ever thought that there are so many different criteria and reasons why some people can't have transplant. But i'm hopeful they'll say i'm too well for transplant as that's what my PH consultant (and me) thinks. Transplant isn't a straightforward cure, there are numerous issues that happen afterwards.

Anyway that's enough about trnasplant & hospitals for now, couple of weeks off hospital visits now. We've just got back from fireworks with the family. It was great to see everyone, I need to put more effort into seeing them more often. The fireworks were a bit feeble but fun. We managed to get through 50 sparklers, i've always loved sparklers since I was little.

Now watching Sunday night TV, the only thing I watch while it's actually aired is Strictly results. I love Donwton & Homeland but I sky+ these.

You now get Movember watch on my blog.... Joss is growing a mustache for Movemeber, day 4 and it's just about coming through, stlye is yet to be decided.

Have a good week all x

No comments:

Post a Comment